Sunday, July 23, 2006

Here We Go...

Ok, so I am doing the blog thing.
I figure this may redeem me from at least a few years of neglecting my journal, or who knows...I might actually enjoy writing a blog.
This past Thursday, I went to stake enrichment. I went expecting the cheesiest night of my adult life, but ended up loving it. Terri Pepper's class was definitely the highest point (not to say that arts and crafts time with Andrea was anything but enlightening). She talked about taking time out for yourself to develop your talents and create life experiences. She has started a list of 100 things that she wants to do in life. I decided to follow her example and start a list myself. I figured that a blog was a great place to keep my growing list.
1. Snorkel with the stingrays
2. Compile my family history
3. Write a personal history
4. Learn to play the guitar, or at least one song
5. Learn ceramics
6. Take a dance class with Isaac
7. Make a quilt (quilt it by hand)
8. Run in a race
9. Get a masters degree
10. Have a baby
11. Whale watch
12. Complete a scrapbook
13. Write a blog

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited that you are doing this. I hope that you are going to love it as much as I have. And I am excited about being able to grow closer to you because of it. Yeah!!!

Anonymous said...

Isaac said you put up a fun page, and it looks like a great way to journal. This list of things I want to do in life is something I did in younger years…a long time ago. As a matter of fact, I still have that list. The nice part is that I have accomplished many of those things on the original list. Many of those things, like seeing Hawaii or traveling a foreign country, etc., or getting further education came about over time. It amazed me what I had accomplished on the list. Some of my goals have changed over time and I added or took away some things. Goals and wishes give life more purpose, more hope, I believe.
You've inspired me to think about journal writing once again. With age, memory seems to not be so keen. It's nice to have a reference to look back upon to re-ignite those past experiences.
Whoever the negative dude is must look at the cup half empty rather than half full. People of inspiration are much more affective than people of exasperation.
Keep up the good work!
The Erickson Clan

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»