Monday, July 24, 2006

Cannon Fodder


One of the many endearing things about Isaac is that he prides himself on making me laugh, especially during the times when I think I can't. He's my funny man.
He has been channeling his funny bone for yet another great purpose. Although he has done this his whole life, lately he has been very focused on cartooning. Today, he spoke with one of the editors of the UTA Newspaper about having a daily cartoon in the fall! The comic will be named "Cannon Fodder." We all dream about getting paid for what we love to do. Andrea gets paid to teach scrapbooking, Isaac gets paid to cartoon, and I get paid to do banking...oh wait.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

That is great! Congrats, Isaac! (If you had your own blog, I wouldn't have to respond through your wife... but whatever.) I appreciate the comic relief, too.

And as for you, Maren... just admit it. You know that you dream at nights of being able to tell people they cannot get a loan. You know you love it.

Seriously, though, what would you want to do that you love?

Anonymous said...

Dearest blog writer,
I think that is the worst drawn whale in the history of whale drawing. I've seen some crappy whale picutres in my time, but this one takes the krill. Also, it is a known fact that IF there were a fire in that whale's belly, it would not cause IBS but cook his insides. This is the type of fiction which pollutes our society.
Yours truly,
Simon P Pottinbutter

Anonymous said...

Hey Blah Blah Blog,
I don't know what this Mr. Pottinbutter is talking about. This work of art illustrates natures struggle against man. I find the layers of which this artist thinks to be so deep, it would make Plato crap his pants. Surely, this Mr. Pottinbutter ignores the obvious symbolism this masterfully done art work portrays. I for one think this "cartoonist" is a modern day Da Vinci. Nay, comparing this perfect portrait to Da Vinci is like comparing a fine glass of Crystal to a half used box of wine in which several homeless men have used hold their fecal matter. If this Mr. Pottinbutter wishes to argue the raw honesty of this picture he is a fraud and most likely some sort of heathen half-bred lobster man.
Peace,
Wind Sky Child

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.