Thursday, May 24, 2007

Happy Birthday Ryan!


Ryan is 30! We celebrated with Chinese food and ice cream! It was wonderful to celebrate with him today. There were many years when birthdays and celebrations together were not so lighthearted. I am reminded today of what a blessing forgiveness has been in my life. I am blessed with a remarkable friend that I never could have imagined I would enjoy so much. What a blessing it is to think of all the years ahead of us, sharing in each others lives, enjoying our nieces and nephews, and having each other the lean on. Thank you for that. Happy birthday, my friend. I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Mary Shelly’s “Frankenstein” the monster finds himself discarded by his creator, alone, and without family/friend. Throughout the novel the monster’s travels and misdeeds are a result of his search for a companion, someone who cared. At one point in the novel the monster expresses his solitude saying, “But my life is even more woeful, for at least Lucifer, even the most fallen, had those he fell with.” I think birthdays are a time for everyone to think about their bonds. It is great to see you express your appreciation. I think there is a growing number of people out there who feel more like Shelly’s monster. It is nice to see you have a loving relationship with your older brother. Also, if you didn’t and became like the monster, you would be a psychotic sociopath and kill a bunch of people like the monster did.
Isaac

Andrea said...

What a great post... and what a great picture!