Thursday, May 10, 2007

Congrats Katie!



My friend Katie is pregnant! She is 13 weeks along, and the baby will be a Texan! She and her husband moved to Houston last week. I am so excited for them. This has made me think a lot about motherhood over the last few days. Sometimes I think that as a woman and as a wife, I should have all my affairs in order, including a beautifully clean house and a little baby to wake me up at night. This inevitably leads me to reflect on the blessings of living by God's plan instead of my own. The time isn't right, and I am completely happy with that. In the meantime, I have my Abby and Ethan.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

{What a great picture of you!} And you are completely right, though. Sometimes it is difficult to follow Heavenly Father's plan for us because it is different than what we imagined for ourselves. And sometimes because it is different than what everyone else imagines for us. But we just have to remind ourselves (and each other!) that it doesn't matter. God has a very specific plan for each of us. And we are not all supposed to do the same things in the same order. How boring would that be!

But as for your "desire" to have a baby waking you up at night, you can borrow Ethan any time for a sleepover! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Maren - KARI GAVE ME THIS SIGHT NAME. AS PER USUAL, YOU HAVE YOUR HEAD SCREWED ON CORRECTLY! ONCE UNCLE FRED GAVE GRAMPA A BLESSING WHEN WE THOUGHT HE HAD A STROKE. THE BLESSING WENT "DUAINE, YOU WILL BE HEALED IN THE LORD'S OWN TIME." THAT'S THE FIRST TIME I HAVE HEARD THAT PHRASE. YOU ARE SO CLOSE TO THE LORD THAT I FEEL YOU'RE ENTITLED TO HAVE THE SPIRIT'S VOICE. IT'S APPARENT TO ME THAT YOU ARE LISTENING. I ADMIRE YOU, YOUNG LADY! MUCH LOVER, GRAMMY T